Viewing of my mama’s body was held on Thursday & Friday of July 13-14 from 9:00AM to 9:00PM; with the Vigil Mass on Friday, July 14 @ 7:00PM
1000 Redwood Street
Vallejo, CA 94590
Funeral Mass was on Saturday, July 15 @ 10:00AM
St. CATHERINE of SIENNA CATHOLIC CHURCH
3450 Tennessee Street
Vallejo, CA 94591
Vigil Prayers and Masses were also held in Sabang, Calbayog and Manila.
Click the picture below:
Eulogy to Mama:
For those who don’t know My Mama.
Her name is Teofila Caber Lao. Our Kababayans and relatives call her “Iday” She was born on March 5, 1934 in Calbayog City, Samar. Her parents are: Serapio Orquen Caber & Irene Panyo Abener. She’s the only daughter, and with 5 brothers: Alfredo, Apolinario, Elpidio, Pablo & Decoroso. She got married to my father, Lao Beng Ue, a war veteran of a U.S. Infantry Military. She bore 7 children: with also one daughter (like herself) and 6 sons. She took care of us in her loving arms. She’s not only a mother to us her children; she was also a mother to most of all our cousins. She has 17 grandchildren. They all love mama. They call her mama-lola.
She loves to cook foods. She makes us kurukod, ira-id, suman, biko, puto, bibingka, ginatan, banana cue, maruya, fruit candies etc. She loved to bake bread. She loves to sew clothings, and crochet (gantsilyo). But most of all she never forget to pray. She prays the Rosary everyday. It is said that if you say the Holy Rosary every day, with a spirit of faith and love, you can save a thousand of souls in purgatory. In her case mama has saved Millions of Souls from the Purgatory.
Last year, I remembered she told me one time to stop buying her the Vitamins (Glucosamine Chondroitin & MSN). I didn’t notice that it’s her way to say goodbye.
In her last trip to the P.I., I saw happiness on her face. Believing that it has given her more energy & strength. I was with her when we do the visita Iglesias in Calbayog churches. I didn’t know that it was her last.
She was looking forward to go back home next year for the renewal of my brother Rene’s vows with his wife Lilian (A Silver Anniversary) Now, she can’t. I’m sorry Rene. We’ll miss mama so much.
I can’t believe she’s gone. She died on July 7, 2017. What a coincidence. She has 7 kids & 17 grandkids. 7/7/17.
The day after her death. I can still feel her presence. I heard she called my name. I smell her stuff. I saw her shadow. It’s still her way to say that she’s still looking after me.
Mama, salamat mama salamat!
I love you mama!
We all love you! Mama!
1. https://youtu.be/WTbd1M1-iYE (The Wake of Mama – July 13, 2017 with Janelle Ferraro)
4. https://youtu.be/CK65O_obi6A (The Wake of Mama – July 14, 2017 with Angel Ventura)
6. https://youtu.be/5ZReX6ssiO0 (The Wake of Mama – July 14, 2017 with Andy ‘Badong’ Custodio)
8. https://youtu.be/O5wQm878GrY (The Wake of Mama – July 15, 2017 Funeral Mass)
Rene’s Live Video
1. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Mabuhay-Join-the-Fun-114261671978963/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1582859898452459 (The Wake of Mama)
2. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lNlaeyLYL31JJ7gQ2 (The Wake of Mama)
My Dearest Mama (pictures)
4. https://goo.gl/photos/iwZGAxqMvV4v2wdu5 (My Dearest Mama)
5. https://goo.gl/photos/XBKyPQMsRu7Gig487 (IPhone Photo of Mama)
6. https://goo.gl/photos/ArE83Ev2xBQ1zE5b7 (Faded Photographs)
7. https://scenesinthecityonline.wordpress.com/2017/03/06/mamas-birthday-celebration-vallejo/ (Mama’s Birthday 2017)